The Biomaterials Lab guidelines have changed in response to the Phase 3 reopening of Rice University.
- All users are required to wear masks at all times within the lab in addition to the normal PPE requirements.
- All users are required to disinfect work areas and shared surfaces before and after use.
- Users must observe physical distancing. Maintain safe distances (>6 ft) between other users when operating instruments and working in the lab.
- New training may still be delayed as we work to safely accommodate existing and new users.
External User Policies
- External users will be allowed into the Biomaterials Lab again. They must follow the guidelines above, including masks, PPE, and physical distancing.
- External users will be required to submit a negative PCR COVID test result from within the last week before they can use any instrument in the Biomaterials Lab. Results can be scanned and emailed to Meri Dix (firstname.lastname@example.org). FOM accounts will be reactivated accordingly. A single test will be valid for up to 1 week of instrument usage.
- Fee for service is generally unavailable due to increased demand on Super Users and instruments; however, it can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Any questions or concerns can be directed to Uday Jammalamadaka (email@example.com).
Thank you for your cooperation and support during these times.