About AMP! Innovation Awards
For years, mathematics and science teachers in the Houston area have had a chance to participate in a one-of-a-kind professional development experience at Rice University. The ConocoPhillips Applied Mathematics Program (AMP!) is lauded for its groundbreaking approach to mathematics and science connections, unique inquiry philosophy, and development of teacher leaders. In the spirit of the program’s mission, the Rice University Office of STEM Engagement (R-STEM) and ConocoPhillips are proud to announce the AMP! Innovation Awards.
Through this award program, AMP! recognizes the best and brightest STEM initiatives developed by former AMP! participants and gives educators an opportunity to further impact their schools through projects that are relevant in the community. AMP! Innovation Awards of up to $5,000 each are presented for the purchase of materials and resources necessary to implement or sustain an innovative STEM education program or initiative.
2022-2023 Award Details
AMP! Innovation Awards of up to $5,000 each will be presented for the purchase of materials and resources necessary to implement or sustain an innovative STEM education program or initiative. Award funds will be presented to individual educators or groups of educators with the consent of their campus administration.
Applications are now closed.
The applications closed on March 20, 2022. All forms were due by this day.
Eligibility and Guidelines
Award applicant(s) must be a(n):
- Past or current AMP! participant who successfully completed the AMP! program;
- Current PreK-12 classroom teacher or instructional coach; and
- Employee of a public school, charter school, or private nonprofit school.
Award recipients agree to:
- Attend the 2022 AMPosium! celebration on April 9, 2022;
- Present a final project summary at the 2023 AMPosium! event, highlighting the outcomes of their project;
- Grant R-STEM and ConocoPhillips permission to use their name, photo, and any award-related media in AMP! communications;
- Collect an AMP! photo release form for each student featured in any award-related publicity; and
- Tag R-STEM and ConocoPhillips and include the hashtags #ampRICE in all individual, campus, or district award-related social media posts.
Project award funds may only be used to purchase classroom resources that directly support the project.
- Award Timeline
Application Opens | January 10, 2022
Application Deadline | March 20, 2022
Recipients Notified | March 25, 2022
2022 AMPosium! | April 9, 2022
If you have any questions about the AMP! Innovation Awards, contact the program lead.
Allen Antoine, M.Ed.
Associate Director for Math & Computer Science
713-348-8218 | firstname.lastname@example.org