The Teacher Leader Engineering Network (TaLENt) Fellowship was a one-time 18-month project to create objectives and associated metrics for K–12 engineering teaching. Each objective discusses and outlines ways in which good engineering practices can and should be incorporated into classroom instruction. Teachers of all grade levels who utilize engineering in their classroom were accepted to the program. Fellows were organized into cohorts by school level: elementary, middle, and high school.
Fellows participated in 13 webinars and a face-to-face meeting in Washington, D.C.
TaLENt Increased my confidence, comfort, familiarity with teaching engineering.
TaLENt Program Structure
- March 2, 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m. CST: Whole Group Kickoff Webinar
- March–June: Two Fellows Cohort Webinars
- July 15, 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m. CST: Whole Group Webinar
- June–September: Two Fellows Cohort Webinars
- October 25–26: Biennial ERC Washington, D.C. Meeting
- October–December: Two Fellows Cohort Webinars
- January 11, 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m. CST: Whole Group Webinar
- January–May: Three Fellows Cohort Webinars
- May 9, 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m. CST: Final Whole Group Webinar
If you have any questions about TaLENt, you can contact the program lead.
Christina Crawford, M.S.Ed.
Associate Director for Science & Engineering
713-348-4761 | firstname.lastname@example.org
*Program times, dates, locations, and compensation subject to change before the first day of the program.