COI CITI Training
In accordance with Rice policy 216. Individuals with sponsored research funding or who participate in sponsored research funding are required to COI training at least once every four years, and when significant revisions are made to relevant Research-related policies, or as required by law. Additionally, Scholars may be required to take COI trainings as part of a Management Plan.
Access CITI COI Training
Complete the required COI module and associated quizzes. Review of the materials and completion of the modules will take approximately 30 minutes per module. You do not have to complete the course all in one session. A cumulative score of 80% is required to pass.
- Go to the CITI homepage: citiprogram.org
- Click on the “LOG IN” button in the top right corner.
- Click on the “LOG IN THROUGH MY ORGANIZATION” button in the top right corner.
- Scroll through the list and select “Rice University”.
- On the next page you will be required to enter your Rice NetID and password.
- Some users may be promoted to associate your SSO account with a CITI program account. Please choose the appropriate option.
- Once you log in, your starting point is the "Courses" page. The "Courses" page provides links to all your Institutional Courses (those sponsored by institutions with which you are affiliated) as well as those you may have purchased yourself as an Independent Learner. Click on “View Courses” links for the course listing of interest.
- Located at the bottom of the page click “Add a Course”under the “Learner Tools for Rice University”.
- For Question 1 and select “Conflicts of Interest Course” then click “Next”
- For Question 16 Conflicts of Interest (COI), select “I receive sponsored research funding and required to take COI training”, then click “Next”.
- On the next page you will be able to begin the training. Under “Courses Ready to Begin” select for Conflicts of Interest (COI) “Start Now” to start the training.
- Complete all modules and associated quizzes, achieving a minimum passing aggregate score of 80% on each quiz. A running tally is compiled in a grade book. If you want to improve a score on a quiz or have not achieved the minimum-required score of 80%, you may repeat it.
- When you complete all of the required modules successfully, you may print your completion report through the “Print” link on the learner’s menu.