IACUC Reporting Concern
Report an Adverse Event in a Laboratory
Researchers (faculty and lab members) who work in animal facilities or laboratories are required to report any unanticipated problems, protocol deviations, or adverse events associated with animals used in research, testing, or teaching. For further guidance, please refer to RU Guidelines for Reporting of Unanticipated Research Outcomes.
Animal Welfare Hotline Emergencies
If you suspect that animal abuse or misuse has occurred at Rice, you have an ethical obligation to do one of the following actions:
- If the animal is in immediate danger, call 713-471-8971 or 713-348-8259 24hrs/7days
- Call the Rice Animal Welfare Hotline at 713-348-2342. You may remain anonymous if you wish, however, we will not be able to follow-up and discuss the investigation’s findings with you
- Call the Animal Resources Facility Manager at 713-348-3502 or email: email@example.com
- Email the IACUC Mailbox anonymously. You may remain anonymous if you wish, however, we will not be able to follow-up and discuss the investigation’s findings with you
- Go to the Ethicspoint Hotline. Ethicspoint allows for further discussion or information exchange while remaining anonymous.