Proposals will be submitted to the sponsor in conjunction with SPARC. There are multiple steps and internal approvals required before submitting to the sponsor. Per Rice’s Policy 301, the proposal should be routed and approved in Cayuse no less than five business days before the submission deadline. The steps involved in submitting the grant are outlined below.
- Every grant will need a proposal entered in the Cayuse system:
- Complete all of the required sections.
- At minimum, the following attachments are required for submission:
- Copy of the Sponsor guidelines (if available)
- An Abstract/scope of work of the proposed project
- Calculating budget
- Budget Justification
- Subaward documents (if applicable)
- If possible, upload a copy of the entire proposal for the Grant Specialist to review and give feedback if SPARC does not have access on the Sponsor website.
- Route for Approvals – Remember SPARC’s 5 day rule!
- Once a proposal has been completed in Cayuse SP, it must be submitted to the sponsoring agency. Agencies may differ in how they wish grant proposals to be submitted. Submission requirements will be listed in the Funding Announcement.
- Once the proposal is finalized in Cayuse SP and in some cases the applicable submission portal (i.e. Cayuse 424, Fastlane), your SPARC Grant Specialist will review and give you feedback on the proposal.
- The Grant Specialist will submit the proposal upon confirmation that it is final and ready to submit. Please note: The Grant Specialist will never submit your proposal without approval of the PI or the Department Administrator working on the proposal.
You can contact your SPARC Grant Specialist at any time with any question related to your grant proposal.