The Office of Research seeks to sensibly improve Rice’s research productivity and expand the impact of its discoveries on both scholars and communities alike. We do this by:
- Providing faculty and staff with excellent service in proposal development and award submissions.
- Informing and equipping our researchers to efficiently address a broad gamut of research compliance issues.
- Engaging in collaborative commercialization activities that put our intellectual property portfolio on a strong financial foundation while developing commercialization partners more intentionally.
- Constantly updating and investing in our research and scholarship infrastructure.
- Developing unconventional and non-traditional support for Rice’s research.
- Supporting campus-wide initiatives that nucleate activities across divisions even as they externally define Rice’s research enterprise.