The Office of Research seeks to sensibly improve Rice’s research productivity and expand the impact of its discoveries on both scholars and communities alike. We do this by:
- Providing faculty and staff with excellent service in proposal development and award submissions.
- Informing and equipping our researchers to efficiently address a broad gamut of research compliance issues.
- Engaging in collaborative commercialization activities that put our intellectual property portfolio on a strong financial foundation while developing commercialization partners more intentionally.
- Constantly updating and investing in our research and scholarship infrastructure.
- Developing unconventional and non-traditional support for Rice’s research.
- Supporting campus-wide initiatives that nucleate activities across divisions even as they externally define Rice’s research enterprise.
- Sponsored Research Funding Opportunities
- Research Opportunities Listserv
- Internal Funding Opportunities
- Proposal Development
- Grant Lifecycle
- Learning Resources
- Institutional Information
- Sponsored Projects Forms
- Research Compliance System
- Office of Technology Transfer (OTT)
- Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (OCFR)
- Intellectual Property
- Material Transfer Agreement
- Technology Transfer Forms
Core Facilities and Resources
- Animal Resource Facility (ARF)
- Interdisciplinary Research Support (IRSO)
- Office of Proposal Development (OPD)
- Research Support Shop (RSS)
- Rice Office of STEM Engagement (R-STEM)
- Shared Equipment Authority (SEA)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Conflict of Interest (COI)
- COI System
- Controlled Unclassified Information
- Export Control